The Permitting and Enforcement Office performs a broad range of work relative to the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance, Site Plan Review Regulations and Subdivision Regulations, as well as enforcement of other ordinances adopted by the Town. The Permitting and Enforcement Office provides the following services:
- Investigates complaints about potential land use violations;
- Interprets and explains regulations, requirements and processes to the public;
- Reviews and completes site inspections for Land Use Permit Applications, which are required for renovations, construction, demolition, etc;
- Coordinates with Town Departments on review of Land Use Permit Applications to determine if they comply with Town ordinances and regulations;
- Reviews Sign Permit Applications;
- Provides input in the development of land use rules, procedures and policies.