The Permitting and Enforcement Office performs a broad range of work relative to the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance, Site Plan Review Regulations and Subdivision Regulations, as well as enforcement of other ordinances adopted by the Town. The Permitting and Enforcement Office provides the following services:
- Investigates complaints about potential land use violations;
- Interprets and explains regulations, requirements and processes to the public;
- Reviews, completes required site visits and Issues Land Use Permit Applications, including enforcement of the permit issued and any required conditions;
- Coordinates with Town Departments on review of Land Use Permit Applications;
- Reviews and Issues Sign Permit Applications;
- Provides input in the development of land use rules, procedures and policies.
Getting ready to do a project? Not sure what permitting or applications may be required? Start here with the Land Use Project Checklist to see what you might have to do.
Or just want to know if you need a Land Use Permit for your project? Refer to the list below:
- Decks / Porches / Sunrooms
- New Construction
- Paving (Commercial properties)
- Remodeling / Renovations
- Roofs (If includes material or structural changes)
- Solar Panels
- Swimming Pools
- Any project with a cost of $2,000 or more (excluding siding, painting, roofing - same material, replacement windows)
Still don't see your project on the list, then contact the Land Use Office, who would be happy to assist you.