Sign up for the Bristol Sustainability Committee's monthly email newsletter! Each month, the Bristol Sustainability Committee shares recent sustainability-related news, a list of local upcoming events, and resources that support environmentally friendly living. This is a great way to stay in the loop about what’s happening in the community and to find out about new initiatives.
Sign up for our monthly Sustainability Newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/hgg7In
Regenerative Reads Book Club: "Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the way we make things"
Monday, May 17 at 6:30pm
Join the committee in partnership with the Minot-Sleeper Library for our next Regenerative Reads book pick. We’ll be reading "Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the way we make things" by William McDonough and Michael Graungart. We will discuss the book on May 17 at 6:30pm. All are encouraged to participate!
Copies of "Cradle to Cradle" are available at the Minot-Sleeper Library and can be picked up inside or curbside. Call the library at 603-744-3352 or email minotsleeperlibrary@gmail to reserve a copy or visit the library at 35 Pleasant St. in Bristol.
The Sustainabililty Committee is an active group, working on projects and involving the community in conversations. Thank you to all who joined us for the events we held this first year of being a committee:
- Sustainability Committee Roundtable discussion on August 5
- Disccusion about zero waste on September 28
- Bristol Sustainability Fair in Kelley Park on October 17
- Discussion about solar energy on October 26
- Working with Bristol Select Board on reintroducing recycling at the town's transfer station
- Discussion on eating sustainably on November 30
- Launch of a monthly sustainability newsletter to the community
- Launch of Regenerative Reads book group in partnership with the Minot-Sleeper Library
- "A Sand County Almanac" January-March 2021
- "Cradle to Cradle" April-May 2021
- Let's Talk Trash community discussion on recycling and solid waste on February 22
- Recommendation to Select Board to purchase equipment necessary to expand Bristol's recycling options for residents. This was the foundation for a warrant article to purchase the equipment at Town Meeting - the article passed!
The purpose of the Town of Bristol's Sustainability Committee is to educate, advocate and advise all people and town government on practices and policies that are environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable. The committee will support our community through partnerships and open communication with our residents, businesses, and government to meet the needs of the present without compromising the resources of future generations. The committee shall at times advise and assist Bristol's Town government and departments with plans and policies relating to sustainability.
- Providing recommendations to the Town on recycling and waste management
- Educating residents on sustainability
- Working with businesses and local organizations to best understand their needs and recommend sustainable practices
New! Locally Produced: A Monthly Series to Inspire and Educate on Living Sustainability
Locally Produced is a monthly educational series on topics related to living sustainability. It is the work of the Town of Bristol, NH Sustainability Committee in partnership with the Minot-Sleeper Library.
Zero Waste 101: https://youtu.be/k6DWhZHZPZc
Solar Energy 101: https://youtu.be/Y_8p4B-wGgM
Eating Environmentally-Friendly: https://youtu.be/96XwquvJrnE