The Town Clerk / Tax Collector’s Office provides general information, direction and assistance to all citizens and others having business with the Town. The Town Clerk / Tax Collector’s Office maintains and preserves numerous Town records and materials.
- Collects Property Taxes;
- Collects Water/Sewer payments;
- Issues motor vehicle registrations;
- Issues licenses and permits including: marriage licenses, dog licenses, beach permits, and transfer station permits;
- Records and provides certified copies of birth, death, and marriage records;
- Records and certifies town meeting legislation and appropriations;
- Records federal tax liens;
- Administers the oath of office to all elected and appointed officials;
- Provides access to public records;
- Conducts with the Secretary of State election activities, including voter registration and absentee voting;
- Responds to inquiries from general public.
Town Election Information
- Town Election will be held on Tuesday March 9, 2021 at the Old Town Hall, 45 Summer Street. The hours will be from 8:00am - 7:00pm.
- Golf carts will not be available due to the weather.
- Absentee ballots are available at the office or an application can be printed from our website.
- Town Meeting will be held on Saturday March 13, 2021 in the gymnasium at Newfound Memorial High School. If unable to wear a mask, you will use the auditorium. Entrance to the gymnasium and auditorium will be on the far left facing the building. The meeting will open at 9:00am.
|Raymah Simpson||Town Clerk / Tax Collector|
|Christina Howe||Deputy Town Clerk / Tax Collector|