The Town Clerk / Tax Collector’s Office provides general information, direction and assistance to all citizens and others having business with the Town. The Town Clerk / Tax Collector’s Office maintains and preserves numerous Town records and materials.
- Collects Property Taxes;
- Collects Water/Sewer payments;
- Issues motor vehicle registrations;
- Issues licenses and permits including: marriage licenses, dog licenses, beach permits, and transfer station permits;
- Records and provides certified copies of birth, death, and marriage records;
- Records and certifies town meeting legislation and appropriations;
- Records federal tax liens;
- Administers the oath of office to all elected and appointed officials;
- Provides access to public records;
- Conducts with the Secretary of State election activities, including voter registration and absentee voting;
- Responds to inquiries from general public;
- Provides Notary Public and Justice of the Peace services.